Saturday, November 23, 2019

Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener

Tryazon Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Party


I got the privilege of hosting a Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener party through Tryazon and want to share the results.  

I received the box and was quite surprised when I received it, it was heavy.  I opened the box and there were 10 16 oz bags of Lakanto monkfruit sweetener, 1 3lbs bag of  Monkfruit sweetener, 1 3 lbs bag of Golden monkfruit sweetener, recipe cards and bags for all party goers.  A few days later I received a bottle of Maple flavored monkfruit sweetener syrup. 
                                
                                                           
The recipe cards had a chocolate chip cookie recipe (along with a few others) that I made for the party.  I needed to get the Lakanto monkfruit sweetened chocolate chips which I acquired at our local Good Earth store.  I was surprised at all the items made from the monkfruit. 

 The monkfruit sweetener is made of erythritol and monkfruit.  The recipe was easy to make but is was a bit dry so next time I will lesson the flour.  Erythitrol doesn't break down and caramelize like sugar so the texture is a bit different. The cookies were good and not too sweet although the erythritol did leave a cooling feeling in your mouth, not a bad aftertaste just different. Some felt they didn't have much flavor, but others really enjoyed them.  They do go harder overnight and but I think lessening the cooking time and flour may help this. 

I will be experimenting with more of this sweetener as I go.
Benefits of Monkfruit sweetener:  0 Carbs, 0 Glycemic, 0 Calorie, 1:1 sugar replacement, and Keto approved.  It reduces the Erythitrol without having to substitute with xylitol or stevia. So no bitter aftertaste from stevia, no cramps and diarrhea from the xylitol. 
Definitely something to help those sweet cravings.  Thank you to Lakanto and Tryazon for this chance to try something new and healthier.













No comments:

Post a Comment